MABA Jabber

Maidstone Area Book Awards website

Jessica’s Ghost

by Andrew Norris

Reading level 12+

Interest Level 12+

Francis doesn’t have many friends. But one day Jessica sits down next to him. Jessica is a ghost, and Francis is the first person who has actually seen her since she died. Neither have anyone else to talk to, so immediately become best friends. Not long after they meet Andi, and she can see Jessica too. Then they meet Quentin, who can also see Jessica. They soon try to work out why the three of them can only see Jessica, as well as determining how Jessica died and why she is still here.

Instead of a typical ghost story, this is a beautiful tale of friendship, as Jessica brings together three teens who wouldn’t have ever spoken to each other. The book deals with serious issues while retaining a light tone. Endorsed by Amnesty UK, this is the perfect book to open up discussion around mental health in the young.

5 Comments to

“Jessica’s Ghost”

1. April 21st, 2017 at 2:27 pm       Mrs Day Says:

I really enjoyed this book. I thought all the characters were realistic and interacted well. When I read the blurb I thought the idea of a ghost friend sounded stupid but it was so well written that she just seemed like a real character. Despite the difficult subject matter it left me feeling uplifted and positive when I finished it which is quite remarkable! 9/10

2. March 29th, 2017 at 11:20 am       Jack Beavington Says:

Jessica’s Ghost is really good – a lot better than I thought it would be! It is a very sensitive book and really explains how people feel through their teenage years; when they think they are being left behind and forgotten or bullied.
    I rate this book 9/10. 🙂

3. March 27th, 2017 at 2:09 pm       Ella Chapman Says:

I LIKED THIS BOOK. I THINK IT WAS REALLY GOOD AND WELL THOUGHT OUT. I THINK THAT THE CHARACTERS ARE VERY INTERESTING AN QUITE RELATEABLE TO PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE. xXx

4. March 27th, 2017 at 1:57 pm       Amy Flitter Says:

I really liked Jessica’s Ghost. It had a lot of mystery and kept me reading. I really enjoyed the ending as it was very unexpected.

5. March 27th, 2017 at 1:55 pm       katie traynier Says:

i LOVE this amazing book, it is highly interseting and i highly reccomend it. it’s one of my favourate non series books.

9/10

Email will not be published

Website example

Your Comment:

Skip to toolbar